Indians Can Visit Pakistan Now Via Indo-Pak Peace Corridor
Yes! You read it correctly. Indians can now visit Pakistan without even getting a Visa stamp on your passport. India-Pakistan together introduced an Indo-Pak Peace corridor to help innumerable pilgrims in India visit Gurudwara Kartarpur Sahib situated in Punjab of Pakistan.
“Shri Kartarpur Sahib Gurudwara.was built to commemorate the site where Guru Nanak Dev, the founder of Sikhism, settled after his missionary work and did farming. Guru Nanak founded the Kartarpur town by Ravi River in 1504, plowing the fields and setting up a community kitchen, or Langar. He assembled a Sikh commune there, and lived for 18 years until his death on 22 September 1539. The gurdwara is built where Guru Nanak is said to have died. It is therefore the second holiest site of the Sikh religion after GurdwaraJanam Astham– the birthplace of Guru Nanak located in Nankana Sahib, Pakistan.“
HOW TO APPLY FOR VISIT:
Though the Visit to Sri Kartarpur Sahib is a day out that starts at 9AM in the morning Till 5PM in the evening but the process is as lengthy as getting a visa to the country without getting a visa.
1) Travellers Pilgrims are supposed to apply for the visit at least 15-20 days prior to when they are planning their visit at
https://prakashpurb550.mha.gov.in/kpr/ Government of India/ Ministry of home affairs portal.
2) Though a Visa is not required, it is mandatory to have a passport to visit Shri Kartarpur Sahib.
3) Applicants must fill in all the right details about him/her in the form. Application is submitted to the Ministry of Home Affairs.
4) You will get a call for physical verification at the nearest police station. Either you can submit all your documents at the station or police officials might also visit your home for the verification and background check.
5) As soon as the background check is done. You will get a verification form from the station to be filled by two pieces of evidence from your locality. for eg,. you’re society head, neighbour, caretaker or landlord.
6) Similarly you will have to submit a set of documents to the ministry of home affairs as guided by them on the call.
7) Fill all the details carefully and try not to commit any mistake in the above process for the acceptance of your form.
8) You will only get to know if your form is accepted or rejected 3 days prior to your date of visit that you have applied for.
9) You need to pay 20$ each for your visit to Sri Kartarpur Sahib Gurdwara. So carry your dollars along.
How To Reach?
- The Most Convenient route to approach Shri Kartarpur Sahib Corridor is Via Amritsar. Corridor is located around 60kms from Amritsar ahead of the village Dera Baba Nanak.
- There are several personal taxis and sharing cabs that are available to drop you to Shri Kartarpur Sahib Corridor.
- We recommend to travellers to choose an option to book a private cab to have a hassle free experience as Corridor is located at the border so you can barely find any public transport service.
- Shri Kartarpur Corridor processes like an Airport from security check to the immigration a traveller needs to through the required procedure.
- Once the process at the Indian side of the corridor is done, a golf cart will drop you at the border.
- After crossing the border you will find a Pakistani Golf Cart/Bus that will drop you to the Pakistan Immigration and currency exchange counters.
What is allowed and What is not allowed?
1) Cameras, Phone Cameras, DSLRs, Vlogging Cameras are allowed at the corridor and inside the gurdwara so there is no camera restriction.
2) Do not carry Pakistani currency back to India. Use it at the Gurudwara marketplace.
3) Covid-19 Negative RT PCR report is mandatory to visit Sri Kartarpur Sahib.
4) Since there is Polio in Pakistan, you will get polio vaccination at the Indian side of the corridor.