Gushal an unexplored village in Lahaul Valley, Himachal Pradesh
Gushal is said to be one of the most beautiful and largest villages in Spiti-Lahaul Valley.around 60kms from Manali, Located at Leh-Manali Highway. Gushal is derived from the hindi word “Gau-Shala” which translates to Cow Shelter in English.
It is situated at the banks of amalgamation (sangam) point of the rivers Chandra and Bhaga. Chandra and Bhaga together through their amalgamation form Chinab river that goes till Pakistan.
Gushal is a historically and geographically rich village. You can trace tales and stories mentioned in the holy books about one of the most important historical weddings of Lord Shiva and Parvati. It is believed that after the Vidai of Mata Parvati, Shiva and Parvati proceeded to Kailasha from Gushal itself and you can witness that the structure of the mountains from Gushal till Kailasha are identical.
There are a lot more interesting facts about Gushal we will talk about in coming blogs but first you should know how to reach Gushal.
How To Reach Gushal:
From Delhi: (Delhi-Manali-Gushal)
- Delhi is one of the most convenient locations to start your travel to Himachal Pradesh. As there are innumerable buses, taxis to different locations in Himachal Pradesh everyday.
- You can take a bus or taxi to Manali. (530 kms)
- Gushal from Manali is approximately a 70 Kms/ 3hour drive via Solang and Atal Tunnel.
- You can either take a bike on rent, a cab on rent and if you are a budget traveller then there are enough options of taking a public transport.
From Chandigarh: (Chandigarh-Manali-Gushal)
- You might want to start from Chandigarh. Chandigarh to Manali is 280kms. Unlike Delhi there are limited buses and taxis till Manali in normal hours.
- Once you reach Manali you can rent a cab, private taxi or a bike till Gushal.
- If you are travelling from Indore you can start either from Chandigarh or Delhi.
- Take a train to Delhi from Indore and then Delhi-Manali-Gushal.
- If you are taking a flight, you might get a flight to Chandigarh from Indore in a cheaper fare as compared to Indore to Delhi.
So if you are a fan of exploring the unexplored, pack your bags as Gushal is the perfect destination for you.